Friday, May 22, 2009

Rules of Google!

A few weeks ago I was invited to come to the Google-plex and give a talk as part of Google's program to bring authors on to the campus. The hardest part was actually finding the right building: I googled the address, but got bad results. Go figure. But once I was there, the Google folks couldn't have been nicer, more welcoming, more friendly, or more interesting. Brian Rose, who helped organize the visit, just sent me the link to the talk, which is now posted, and also paid me a generous compliment: He said he'd just finished reading Rules and it was "like finding a mentor-in-a-box." So now I can claim as an endorsement: "Like a mentor-in-a-box"! Google says!
How's that for marketing by extrapolation! Hope you enjoy the video!
(Click here to watch the video)

All Rights Reserved 2009 (c) Alan Webber, Rules Of Thumb